The Social Media Sub-committee is part of the MAATA Connection and Engagement Committee (CEC). The CEC is responsible for communicating to members the value of their membership, resources available to them from the NATA, MAATA, and state organization, and finding creative ways to increase the engagement of members.
The roles of the Social Media Sub-committee are to:
• Manage all MAATA social media accounts, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Develop engaging content and initiatives for MAATA membership
• Identify and track metrics relating to engagement for each social media mode
• Share MAATA and NATA resources via all social media
• Work with MAATA Secretary to provide consistent communication to membership
• Collaborate with State PR committee to build social media presence
• Promote and share state-based PR initiatives
The goal would be to have 2-3 members on this committee to share the workload with one member being the sub-committee chair.
The time commitment may vary depending on the initiatives the sub-committee decides to initiate, but generally speaking each member might spend a couple of hours on creation of social media posts, scheduling posts, and monitoring messages on the social media accounts per week. The more members on the committee the lighter the time commitment will be.
To apply to be a member of the Social Media Sub-Committee please send your resume and a short statement of interest to Karen Garrison, CEC Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or your MAATA Board of Directors State Representative. If you have questions or want more information please reach out to Karen Garrison.