MAATA SLC Call for Applicants – President & Secretary
District 5 is sending a call for individuals interested in serving on the Student Leadership Committee for the 2019-2020 academic school year. The elected positions will be for District V’s student President as well as the student Secretary. If you are even a little interested, please consider applying as this is a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills, network, and set yourself apart from peers as you seek jobs in the future.
The election timeline is as follows:
- December 16th – Call for applicants goes out
- January 9th – All candidate materials due
- January 18th – Committee trims candidate pool down to 2
- January 21st – Student voting goes live
- February 1st – Student voting closes
- February 10th – All votes are tabulated and finalized
- February 11th – Candidates are notified, and results are announced.
The elected individuals are encouraged to attend the 2019 District V Symposium in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This is where he/she will officially take office as the District’s student President and Secretary. If one wishes to apply for both the President and the Secretary positions, they must submit two separate applications. Specific Information about the positions can be found on the MAATA website or by using this link: https://www.maatad5.org/student-section/
Please send your application materials via email to your MAATA State Representative no later than Wednesday, January 9th. The application packet should consist of:
- Cover letter from the student explaining why he/she desires to serve on the MAATA SLC as the President or Secretary.
- Reference list and resume detailing the student’s academic, athletic training, and service records, along with any other pertinent information.
State Representatives and *Advisors:
North Dakota: Clarissa Ramirez – email@example.com
South Dakota: *Taryn West – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nebraska: Andrew Thomas – email@example.com
Kansas: Jasmine Hernandez – firstname.lastname@example.org
Oklahoma: *Leah Cox – email@example.com
Iowa: Kelsey Kramer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Missouri: Jessica Cobban – email@example.com