The 2018 Annual Meeting & Symposium will feature several oral and poster presentations for all attendees.
Proposals are now being accepted from those who wish to present at 2018 District V (MAATA) meeting. Our goal is to provide Athletic Trainers and other Allied Health Care Professionals from all settings with an opportunity to disseminate information through a poster format. Deadline for all abstract submissions is 5:00 PM (CST) on Friday, December 7th, 2018. Once submitted, each abstract will go through a blinded peer-reviewed process by at least 3 content reviewers. Letters of notification will be emailed to the primary/submitting author starting December 21st, 2018.
NOTE: Only abstracts submitted online through this form will be accepted.
- Posters will be displayed for a specific amount of time on Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday.
- The author(s) are expected to stand next to their poster during the predetermined time.
- If accepted, author(s) will be notified of the date and time for setting up their poster and the time for which they should be available for question and answers.
- The abstract submission process is similar to the NATAREF peer-reviewed track (www.natafoundation.org).
- Your page margins must be set at 1 inch on all sides using the standard 8.5 x 11 inch format.
- Use Arial 12 point Font with single spacing.
- Provide the title starting at the top left margin.
- On the next line, indent 3 spaces enter the author(s) last name, then initials (without spaces or periods), followed by a comma, and continue for all additional authors (if any), end with a colon.
- Following the colon, indicate the institution (including city and state) where the research was conducted (author and institutional information does not count in the word limit).
- Abstract structured headings must be per NATAREF guidelines (e.g. Context, Objective, Design, Setting).
- Those submitting “Tips from the Field” do not have to follow a structured heading. Submissions should be structured in a logical fashion.
- There is a 450-word limit for Basic Research, Meta-Analysis Research, Systematic Reviews, and Qualitative or Survey submissions.
- There is a 600-word limit for Clinical Case Reports, Clinical Case Series, Current Issues, or Tips from the Field.
- Limit is on words, not characters. Do not use bullets, italics, bold or underline to emphasize major points.
- The abstract must be typed using a word processing program and inserted on the next page of this abstract submission form.
- The primary author submitting the proposal should receive notification of acceptance starting December 18th, 2017.
- Please direct questions and submissions to: David Carr, PhD, ATC email@example.com
This form is currently closed for submissions.