The Mid America Athletic Trainers Association (MAATA) Education Committee is inviting proposals for professional presentations at the 2021 Annual Meeting and Symposium in La Vista, NE, March 18- 20, 2021. Athletic Trainers and other healthcare professionals are encouraged to submit proposals for the following:
- – Priority Topic Proposals – Due by August 31, 2020
- (Emergency Medicine, Functional Movement Screening, Psychological Health care, General Medical Concerns, Nutrition, Pharmacology)
- General Session Proposals – Due by October 15, 2020
- Evidence Based Practice (EBP) Session Proposals – Due by corresponding date above
- Best Practices in Education Proposals – Due by October 15, 2020
- Learning Labs – Due by October 15, 2020
- Free Communications/Poster Sessions – Due by November 6, 2020
- Student Presentations (Poster/Oral) – Due by November 6, 2020
The guidelines for each of these topics is further described in the table below. Once submitted, each abstract will go through a blinded peer-review process by at least 3 content reviewers. Letters of notification will be emailed to the primary/submitting author. Individuals interested in presenting must complete the online application indicating the presentation type, learning objectives, and a listing of all resources needed.
Individuals interested in submitting an Evidence Based Proposal (EBP) should select the corresponding option on the proposal application. All EBP proposals will undergo screening by the EBP Selection committee. If you have already received EBP approval, you must submit the BOC Approval form to email@example.com in addition to the application. If accepted for a presentation, you will be notified by e-mail with an assigned day/time for your presentation.
Any questions or issues should be directed to Dr. Kyle Schneider, Education Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.