The 2019 Annual Meeting & Symposium will feature several oral and poster presentations for all Faculty, Staff and Students.
Proposals are now being accepted from those who wish to present at this year’s District – V Student Section MAATA meeting. Our goal is to provide Student Athletic Trainers with an opportunity to disseminate information through an oral or written forum. Deadline for all abstract submissions is 5:00 PM (CST) on Friday, November 2, 2018. Once submitted, each abstract will go through a blinded peer-reviewed process. Letters of notification will be emailed to the primary/submitting author no later than December 14, 2018.
- Presentations will be scheduled on Saturday morning.
- If accepted, author(s) will be notified of the time of their presentation.
- Each presentation should be 15 minutes in length, followed by a 5-minute question and answer session.
- Posters will be displayed for a specific amount of time on Saturday.
- The author(s) are expected to stand next to their poster during the predetermined time.
- If accepted, author(s) will be notified of the date and time for setting up their poster and the time for which they should be available for question and answers.
Please follow all of the following guidelines to be considered for presentation:
- Students are expected to have a faculty mentor who has assisted in the review of the abstract being submitted
- All forms must be typed. No handwritten forms will be accepted
- The abstract submission process is similar to the NATAREF peer-reviewed track (natafoundation.org).
- Your page margins must be set at 1 inch on all sides using the standard 8.5 x 11 inch format.
- Use Times New Romans 12 point Font with single spacing.
- Provide the title starting at the top left margin.
- On the next line, indent 3 spaces enter the author(s) last name, then initials (without spaces or periods), followed by a comma, and continue for all additional authors (if any), end with a colon.
- Following the colon, indicate the institution (including city and state) where the research was conducted (author and institutional information does not count in the word limit).
- Abstract structured headings must be per NATAREF guidelines (e.g. Context, Objective, Design, Setting, …).
- Those submitting “Tips from the Field” do not have to follow a structured heading. Submissions should be structured in a logical fashion.
- There is a 450-word limit for Basic Research, Meta-Analysis Research, Systematic Reviews, and Qualitative or Survey submissions.
- There is a 600-word limit for Clinical Case Reports, Clinical Case Series, Current Issues, or Tips from the Field.
- Limit is on words, not characters. Do not use bullets, italics, bold or underline to emphasize major points.
- The abstract must be typed using a word processing program and inserted on the next page of this abstract submission form.
- The primary author submitting the proposal should receive notification of acceptance on or around December 15, 2017
- Please direct questions to: Rachel Hildebrand, PhD, ATC (email@example.com)
Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions must be made by student presenter
Submissions by faculty on behalf of the student will not be considered for presentation
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 5:00 PM (CST) ON November 2, 2018