GENERAL SESSION CALL FOR PROPOSALS
MAATA ANNUAL MEETING & SYMPOSIUM
March 17-19, 2016 in Springfield, Missouri
The Mid America Athletic Trainers’ Association Annual Meeting Committee invites proposals for general session presentations at the 2016 MAATA Annual Meeting and Symposium to be held at John Q. Hammons Hotel in Springfield, MO. Athletic Trainers and affiliated professionals are invited to submit proposals.
Each proposal will undergo a blind review. The proposal must be submitted by 5:00 PM (CST) Tuesday, Sept 15, 2015.
General Session Presentations:
- Presentations will be scheduled on Thursday, March 17th (evening), Friday, March 18th (all day) and Saturday, March 19thh (morning).
- The length of the presentations will vary depending on the topic. Sessions are currently slated for 60 or 90 minutes including the Q&A.
- Proposals will be submitted using a Google form. Access the form here: http://goo.gl/forms/yboVj6Wpwm
- Proposal submissions must avoid any affiliation with a commercial product or service.
- Incomplete and/or late proposals will not be considered.
- Based on the number of proposals submitted and size of the convention facilities, all proposals may not be accepted. In this situation, topics will be selected based on the organization of the program, equipment needs (for labs), quality of content and significance of the material to the MAATA membership.
- If your proposal is accepted by the MAATA, and you would like to submit for an evidence-based presentation, you will be asked to complete an additional application for the NATABOC.
- Notification letters should be by mid October.
Please note: This is a call for general sessions only. The Call for Abstracts for Free Communications and Student Presentations are separate and will be out later this fall.
If you have any questions please contact Dr. Diane Bartholomew, Chair, MAATA Education Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 5:00 PM (CST) ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2015