is to enhance the professional and leadership abilities of the membership by providing encouragement, mentorship and improvement opportunities in the profession of athletic training.
The MAATA seeks to
- Encourage active involvement of all members with in the organization
- Provide the opportunity for the free exchange of ideas among members of the athletic training profession
- Maintain open lines of communication with in the organization
- Inform the membership about current issues affecting the athletic training profession
- Mid-America Athletic Trainers’ Association (MAATA) is strongly committed to providing leadership in addressing the concerns and needs of its membership. It is the vision of the MAATA to become the benchmark association of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association.
With this vision the MAATA hopes to:
- Increase attendance at annual district and NATA meetings
- Increase leadership opportunities within the MAATA
- Increase annual donations to the Research and Education foundation.
- Increase the number of certified athletic trainers in secondary settings
- Increase public awareness of athletic training profession within the MAATA District
By achieving this vision the MAATA will create an organization that will better serve the membership and promote pride and respect for the athletic training profession.
You can find the MAATA Constitution attached below:
2009 Final Draft – MAATA Constitution and Bylaws